WINCO’s Security Grid, which is installed over existing windows or storefront glazing, provides optional thermal performance and security glazing options against both man-made and weather-related threats such as high winds and flying debris. Designed with aircraft-grade, corrosion-resistant 1/8” stainless steel embedded in the grid, then screwed into the existing window frame, WINCO’s Security Grid provides commercial and architectural windows with its yield strength of up to 35,000 PSI.
When properly installed in advance of a looting or other attack, WINCO’s Security Grid could be a significant cost savings for businesses. Compared to traditional boarded-up windows, WINCO’s Security Grid offers multiple benefits with its application to commercial or retail storefront windows.
- Security Grid has a one-time installation cost of approximately $400 per window compared to a traditional board-up at $150 each time in preparation for a potentially catastrophic event
- Security Grid is designed to remain installed without disruption to sightlines compared to a traditional board-up removal fee of $50 each time
- Security Grid can be removed and re-covered eliminating exposed damage to frames compared to a traditional board-up that often damages window frames with fastener punctures
- The aluminum Security Grid is reinforced with stainless steel, making it fire-resistant compared to a traditional board-up of wood that is flammable and can be used to damage surrounding properties and assets.
- The security grid frame can be installed without the intersections and with clear polycarbonate for a more open look.
Find your local rep for more information!
St. Louis, MO