Winco replaced these historically accurate windows in this courthouse annex with blast-resistant ‘hung replica’ windows. Built in 1920, The Tuttle Annex is a five story timber frame building with red triple-brick walls. The exterior of this historic building was intended to be a model of successful preservation and rehabilitation. The project, still under construction in late 2010, aspires to LEED silver certification by the United States Green Building Council (USGBC). This custom-designed configuration allowed for the same aesthetic and sightline of the original windows while maximizing efficiency and blast resistance. Winco also developed a custom three dimensional mullion assembly using two dimensional aluminum extrusions to replicate the original wood molding.
Lord Aeck Sargent